Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 14, 2010

Full Time Cloth Diapering

So over the weekend we accomplished a lot. Lots of cleaning and putting the house back in order after finishing the crib. I organized all Ben's clothes by size... This little man has a lot of clothes thru the 6 month size. I packed up the newborn sizes and with how quickly he is growing I will probably soon be pulling out the 3-6 month size to replace to 0-3. WOW!

Also this weekend we were a full time cloth diapering family for the first time!! My routine has been to switch him to cloth while he's home after school but switch him back to disposable at night. I had heard and read so many things about leaking at night I had been hesitant to cloth diaper overnight. But I am happy to report that Ben was in cloth ALL weekend starting at 5:30pm when he got home from school until this morning when he left for school. We had no leaks or messes! I even changed him while we were out and about, at Taco Mac and at church. No problems.

I am now sold even more on cloth and we managed to save ourselves at least 24 diapers over the weekend and a savings of about $4 over two days which now that I know I can go overnight with cloth the savings are just going to get better. Plus the box of diapers from Sams will last longer meaning less trips to Sams (Costco doesn't sell Pampers -BOO! and Ben had a bad reaction to Huggies). The more we use cloth diapers the more we will save! PLUS it is helping the environment by not tossing so many diapers into the trash. PLUS it is so much better for Ben's bum to not be in disposables all the time. So all the people out there that haven't tried the new modern cloth diaper, you should check it out, they are really easy to use and so cute on babies bums.

We also ordered Ben a cloth swim diaper over the weekend (we'll see how well it works and maybe get a second). He loves bathtime so much that we may venture into having a little kiddie pool and having pooltime as well. I'm hoping we get the goldfish one but if not it will still be cute. (You tell them you need a boy one and they pick one from their in-stock stash to send you).



The website I order cloth diapers from did a national survey about cloth diapering perceptions. It is interesting, I agree with many of the findings.

I am happy to be part of the 9% of the population that use cloth diapers (even if for us it is part time)!

I'll leave you with a couple of pictures. I couldn't believe the picture I got of Craig and Ben, he gave me such a cute smile (you can see the light blue Bumgenius diaper peeking out from the onesies) and Ben got dressed up for church and even wore shoes for the first time.




No comments:

Post a Comment