Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 24, 2009

San Francisco and Wine Country!

Craig and I flew to California last week for a vacation and for my half marathon race. San Francisco was so much fun, the people and the city were better than we expected. We did a lot in our little time there.

We flew in late on Thursday and started Friday with a drive through town and walked to the Wharf saw the sea lions, had sandwiches from Boudin YUM!, rode the trolley to Union Square to pick up my packet and info for the race, walked thru Niketown to buy me a short sleeve shirt to race in (it was warmer than I expected), took a taxi back to the pier for Alcatraz. We walked around Alcatraz for about 2 hours. It was really cool and the views of the city from there were amazing. We had dinner along the water and hot chocolate from Ghirardelli.



Saturday we got up and went back to
Union Square
to actually look around the expo and some shops. We met up with my Aunt Lisa and Uncle Mac to tour the city by car (wanted to keep walking to a minimum since I was running 13.1 miles the next day). We drove the back half of my course and stopped at the Cliff House, they took us to see the row houses that are in the commercials and from Full House. We had dinner at a neat little Italian place. And got me back to the hotel early so I could get to bed for my race.



Sunday was RACE DAY! I'll write a whole separate entry about the race.
After the race we drove up to Santa Rosa to our hotel and I took a quick nap then we went to Healdsburg, a suggestion from Lisa and Mac and walked around the town square and shops, Craig had his first tasting and it happened to be a couple who moved to Sonoma from Atlanta to start a wine business.

Monday we drove thru Napa starting at 2 more suggestions from Lisa and Mac which involved a gondola ride and great views. Craig had fun tasting more wine. The weather was rainy and gloomy but not too bad that we couldn't drive around and see everything.
Tuesday we went to Sonoma and had a private vineyard/winery tour at Sabastiani. It was gorgeous and really interesting. At the end of all the tastings we came home with 6 bottles of wine to enjoy after baby gator is born. We even visited a race track that had Audi Driving School classes going on. The new Audi R8 V10 cars were racing around the track.

If you have never been, I highly suggest San Francisco and wine country. It was a great trip and so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment