Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 24, 2009

My garden

This winter I started seeds in my little greenhouse... tomatoes, beans, cumcumbers, peppers, and artichokes. It was fun to see them sprout.

The past couple of weeks I have been planting the garden. Craig built me a 8x2.5 raised bed on the side of the garage. In our garden is: asparagus, artichokes, carrots, spinach, green onions, tomatoes and peppers (I ended up having to buy plants, my seedlings all died), soybeans, green beans, and peas. I have two bowls of salad greens started 3 weeks apart. My strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries are blooming. The raspberries are slowly filling in, next year's crop should be really good. The herbs: mint, oregano, basil, dill, cilantro, chives, and parsley are doing well in the pots on the porch. My neighbor decided to join in and we are sharing gardens like a co-op. She has zuccini, sweet potatoes, onions, carrots, tomatoes, and peppers. We also planted cantaloupe, pumpkin, watermelon, and squash seeds.

We also decided to till up our courtyard and put down grass seed.

I can't wait for everything to start producing! Edible gardening is so rewarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment